Embedded Test Developer
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for an Embedded Test Developer for our fantastic QA team.
Who you are:
- You not only find problems but you provide creative solutions for solving them
- Enjoy interacting with multiple departments including (but not limited to) development, UX, and PM
- You thrive when the challenges are outstanding and the time is tight
- Have a natural sense of curiosity; always find yourself tinkering with your gadgets
- You are always learning something new, and try to implement that knowledge in your work
What you’d do:
- Own all aspects of the quality for your role
- Automate embedded tests for multiple products
- Design and execute test cases for the ecobee product line
- Perform functional and regression testing of software and hardware
- Setup electronic test harnesses, for testing hardware, voice, and GUI
- Improve our test infrastructure by incorporating new technologies
- Design and implement hardware testing tools
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or electronics
- 3+ years of experience with embedded testing
- Proven tinker experience creating software/tools/robots on your own
- Experience writing code in Python, Java, C or C++
- 2+ years writing code from scratch
- 3+ years writing test cases based on minimum requirements
- Linux, OSX experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top