Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home and the Internet of Things industries. ecobee products are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
The keys to our success are the imagination and creativity of this crew to create exceptional consumer experiences that are innovative, exciting, reliable and secure. If you’ve got a desire to design and built great products that make a difference, we want to hear from you!
- Create software architecture and design documentation
- Develop objected oriented software primarily in C++
- Work closely with Product Management to define features and new product requirements
- Use proven engineering methodologies to fully understand and solve complex problems
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks like it’s no big deal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering
- 3+ years C++ development experience
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills with knowledge of data structures and design patterns
- Familiar with multi-threaded design and coding practices
- Knowledge of ARM architecture-based processors and development tools
- Firm grasp of GUI development
- Aptitude in programming for reliability and testability
- Knowledge of Home Automation, Internet of Things and HVAC are a plus
- Knowledge of embedded Linux systems a plus
If you are excited about working in a highly harmonious, multi-disciplinary, fast environment, you will find this role highly rewarding. Here, you can enjoy working from home a couple times a week, a competitive compensation package, health benefits, stock options, casual dress, and the opportunity to work with great people in a fast-growing environment. You’ll have a chance to not only love what you do but change the way the whole world thinks about energy and innovation.
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top