We’re Ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. Our hive, headquartered in Toronto, is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for Electronic Technologist.
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be working on:
As an Electronic Technologist, you will be working on the latest product designs starting at prototype level. You will test and validate new hardware designs using new tools and technologies. You will be involved with the development and building of production test fixtures used to validate that our products are built to Ecobee standards. Since ecobee has a wide range of products like Thermostats, a variety of sensors and light switches in different stages of maturity there will be no two days alike.
Ecobee has some unique challenges - being both a hardware and a software company, there are often many different and independent moving pieces that make up a project. You'll work closely with the Hardware engineers, Firmware department, Program Managers, Manufacturing and QA teams to help those moving pieces through the development stages of each project.
Who you are:
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we are looking for in an Electronic Technologist - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these skillsets apply to you we'd love to chat!
- College degree with a discipline in Electronics
- Self-disciplined, ability to work independently
- Experienced reading Electronic Schematics
- Strength working with Oscilloscope, meters and not afraid to work with other test equipment
- Completed component research and worked with vendors to identify suitable components for products
- Circuit build and testing using resistors, capacitors, transistors, connectors etc.
- Product prototype test and validation experience
- Test Fixture Construction for Production needs
- Solid soldering skills with the ability to work with surface mount components
- Experience with wire wrap
- Ability to write small amounts of test code
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
- Onsite Hardware and Audio lab fully equipped
Please apply If you are excited about working in a highly harmonious, multi-disciplinary, fast environment. We believe you will find this role highly rewarding.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top