Director, Customer Base Management
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a rapidly growing tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Director, Customer Base Marketing (CBM) to join our Marketing team, in this role you will be responsible for our 1 to 1 marketing, cross-sell, upsell and customer engagement and retention activities. Your role will be to increase our product and service sales by engaging and selling to our existing customers. You will also be responsible for the revenue per customer and customer retention. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers to work alongside our Product Marketing and Creative teams to communicate our brand and value propositions to our existing customers. You will find the most effective and efficient means to cross-sell, upsell and nurture our existing customer base while balancing both short-term sales objectives and key brand building activities that deliver future growth.
As our Director, CBM you understand the processes, tools and techniques to efficiently develop strong relationships with our existing customers to deliver on the overall results. You can quickly grasp the details and nuances of the smart home category, our existing and future distribution channels, buyer personas, subscriptions services and product differentiation elements. You are passionate about the creative process but balance it with a strong analytical and financial acumen. You know how to measure success from direct marketing and showcase both the short-term and long-term benefits of brand building activities. You work well with internal teams and can manage external relationships and to understand and improve the end to end customer journey for our existing customers. You are an expert in customer journey development and obsess over the customer experience.
We’re looking for a candidate who melds the rationale and the creative to deliver impactful initiatives. Someone who can lead and develop a team while also working very well in a cross-functional and collaborative environment. An individual who can inspire the ecobee team to think big but also has the attention to detail required for direct marketing.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Recruit and develop a customer base management team that can scale with success
- Create a team that excels in customer engagement and cross-sell and understands the importance of the overall customer journey and how to influence that journey through all areas of the business
- Develop and implement an 18-month customer-based marketing strategy that is critical in achieving our overall business objectives
- Work closely with our in-house creative team on a process for rapid content development that balances efficiency, effectiveness and speed to market with the resources available
- You will work closely with Product Marketing teams to develop product messaging that is fitting to our consumers’ current mindset and maximizes the strengths of each channel
- You will build a robust customer segment model that helps us mass personalize our approach and include our digital assets like web and app in the end to messaging platform
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to help hire, retain and engage high potential and high performing team members
You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have a background in customer base marketing/management in a services-based company
- Progressive years in a combination of sales and marketing roles, you are an expert in customer base marketing
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills, with a passion for measuring the ROI of all communications spends
- You are a creative and dynamic problem solver and can bring innovative solutions to maximize the benefit
- You think big, believe in your ideas and know how to bring them to fruition
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making
- You love to manage high-performing teams and understand that an engaged team is as important as a world-class product
- You are comfortable operating in a lean environment and scaling with success, you can both recognize resource needs and build the case for them while also managing and exceeding targets with less than optimal resourcing
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and high stakes environment
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top