Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home industry. ecobee thermostats are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
As a data scientist you will participate in building complex and intelligent features in our ecosystem of smart home devices that combine a variety of sensors with machine intelligence to provide an omni-present assistant for a smart home. You will contribute to a small and growing team that makes big impact in the life of thousands of people and enables technologies that saves energy and the environment.
You will be working with:
- a system that captures data from 100,000s of smart devices
- state of the art computing technologies in cloud
- advanced mathematical and machine learning models
- Masters degree in an area with high level of computational and quantitative complexity
- You have done a PHD or MSc project in which you used mathematical models or machine learning to discover something new and original. You can defend your research and prove your new insights with quantitative analysis
- Experience and a thorough understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Hands-on programming experience
Nice to Have’s:
- publications in scientific journals and presented your work in conferences
- built machine learning tools on big data platforms and experience with distributed computing systems (Spark, Hadoop)
- Knowledge of big data and NoSQL databases
- Contribute to open source projects or achieved high ranks in Kaggle competitions
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation please reach out to [email protected].
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top