- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who You Will Be Joining:
We are looking for a Creative Director who marries a passion for and ability to lead exceptional design, engaging copy, and brilliant customer-centric strategy. Leading an internal creative team, we need someone who can take our newly built brand (see the evolution at brand.ecobee.com) to the next level as a globally admired badge brand. We are searching for someone who sees the promise in that foundation and has ideas to make it even better while being equal parts conceptual and executional.
Your portfolio should include a cross-section of transformative creative work and hardworking tactical executions and productions, which you directly led. We are interested in understanding how you solved problems with creativity, elevated brand experience, and drove consumer engagement and excitement.
We pride ourselves on our internal capabilities and the team. Our internal creative team is our agency of record and we believe that is a strength for us. We are searching for a humble mentor to lead a talented cross-disciplined team; to elevate their work and their professional development. We are looking for an open-minded leader, who can connect quickly and share knowledge with other leaders across the organization to collaborate and inspire towards growing ecobee as a household name. This role would benefit from someone who will work with the teams to improve not just what we do, but how we do it. We are seeking an individual who is excited to develop the profile of our world-class brand and creative, both within the organization and beyond.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Create and lead internal briefings
- Refine brand look and feel and behavior by continuing to roll-out and establish brand guidelines (brand books) for the different channels and areas of customer interaction
- Shepherd the integrity of the ecobee brand
- Provide team mentorship and leadership throughout the marketing team and across the organization as it pertains to brand and creative outputs
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to deliver on business objectives
- Continue to develop and evolve brand strategy
- Identify new opportunities for ecobee to connect with consumers in a way that elevates the brand experience
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Progressive experience in a senior, creative leadership position
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- Experience managing budgets and thinking through the business benefit of a given execution while working in conjunction with the marketing communications team
- Portfolio with multiple work examples of direct leadership, strategy, and execution that focus on both existing customers and full funnel executions for prospective customers
- You are well established within the Toronto creative community and know the right people to connect with
- Capable of attracting and retaining high quality creative talent
- Leader in brand vision and strategy
- Passionate about a collaborative creative process, exploring multiple concepts for consideration, and ensuring final design output always delivers on business needs
- Able to lead a project with multiple stakeholders to ensure great execution while taking other key stakeholder requests into consideration
- Experienced in cross-discipline collaboration to ensure design consistency across the consumer journey and various touch points
- A natural leader and mentor with a desire to elevate the team
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company with personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- Visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top