We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become the highest rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 200 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to marketing and accounting.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a Corporate Accountant to join and become an important member of our Finance and Accounting team! You are a designated (or almost designated!) accounting professional with an eye for detail and a commitment for excellence, ready to join a growing organization.
What You Will Do:
- Preparation of month-end journal entries and corresponding account reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliations including bank reconciliation, inter-company reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, and capital asset schedules
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis against budget and previous year for various stakeholders
- Assisting with the preparation of the month-end stakeholder reporting such as financial statements and MD&A
- Developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with internal controls and policy
- Supporting other areas of the finance department as needed including monitoring and reviewing the work of other staff around purchase orders, employee personal expenses, and corporate credit card transactions
- Assisting in the preparation of year-end audit working papers and liaising with the auditors
- Assisting with other ad-hoc accounting work as required
- 2-3 years’ experience working for a mid-size or public company in the finance and accounting function, manufacturing experience considered an asset
- CPA designation (late stages candidates will be considered)
- Experience with IFRS reporting considered an asset
- Proficiency with cloud based accounting systems such as Netsuite or Concur
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top