Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
You will be joining an amazing team of marketers and creatives that exude authenticity and are focused on delivering meaningful impact to customers lives and to the environment.
You are a strategic and creative storyteller with a background in public relations. You are comfortable with data and analytics and have a passion for the technology space. You will be responsible for developing, executing and managing ecobee’s earned and owned initiatives including public relations and content marketing. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of internal colleagues, agency partners and channel partners to craft and execute communications initiatives that support various lines of business.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- As our Communications Manager you will lead and execute strategic PR initiatives to drive brand awareness across relevant technology, business, consumer, and trade press.
- You will develop and elevate brand stories across owned and earned channels to support key marketing initiatives including integrated marketing campaigns, product and feature launches, program development and corporate announcements.
- You will cultivate relationships with key journalists from local and national media outlets
- You will develop copy for MarCom led initiatives, including press releases, press kits, pitches, Q&As talking points, blog content and other related materials.
- Manage the relationship with ecobee’s public relations agency of record and work closely with the social and digital team to ensure PR plans are integrated and amplified through relevant channels.
- You will own the editorial planning, management, and execution of Citizen, the ecobee blog.
- As a data expert, you will measure and analyze PR program results; manage budgets and assess campaign ROI.
- You will prepare media activity reports and semi-annual media agency performance reviews.
- You will contribute to our 2022 plans and considerations.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Progressive work experience in public relations with a proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns. Agency experience preferred but not required.
- An educational background in marketing, communications, social sciences or a business-related field.
- Excellent writing, media relations and strategic communication planning experience.
- Understanding of how social and digital can work to amplify PR programs.
- Adept at working in a highly collaborative, fast paced, and agile environment.
- You are solutions driven, and are excited to solve problems with the team.
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space.
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses.
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget.
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave.
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.