Who we are:
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. Our hive, headquartered in Toronto, is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Business Intelligence developer for the BI Technology team.
What you will be doing:
As BI Developer you will be driving design, implementation and monitoring of Business Intelligence solutions. You will be leveraging your data architecture and integration knowledge to formulate strategies and implement solutions to deliver data and reporting, with emphasis on quality, governance and maintenance.
This is an opportunity for you to understand ecobee's business as a whole, influence improvements and shape the future of data driven business decision making and operational efficiency. In this role, you will be working closely with business users from almost all parts of the organization, collaboratively map business processes, un-earth the data needs, design and deliver solutions that will arm them with timely information in a self-serve model.
Who you are:
- You have been integrating, shaping and consolidating both structured and unstructured data from multiple sources, to provide meaningful analytics to your customers.
- You have deeper understanding in data modelling, data warehouse, data marts, ETL and data pipelines, and business reporting/visualization tools.
- You are an active programmer who believes and practices agile and continuous delivery in cloud environment.
- You are someone who likes to get into the weeds of understanding the why and what of business processes and deliver appropriate solutions.
- You are familiar with some of the following technologies and love to explore new technologies that fit the need: Linux, MySQL, MongoDB, Git and Python.
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top