- Leeds, United Kingdom
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
Built around an existing, well-established technical team the ecobee Leeds office works closely with the Toronto Headquarters. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Our riverside Leeds office is centrally and conveniently located on the Calls, 10 minutes walk from the train station. We offer a fun and casual workplace where everyone's ideas and contributions are welcome.
Who you'll be joining:
As developers and as a company, we love exploring new technologies and implementing innovative ways to enhance the experiences of both our teams and customers. As long as you do too, it's not necessary to have direct experience of working on IoT hardware, our market or our present technologies. We consider ourselves a harmonious, multidisciplinary, fast environment that we believe you will find highly rewarding.
How you will make an impact:
We develop linux-based web services (hosted in GCP and AWS) and on-device golang application code using modern best practices, including github, docker/kubernetes, terraform and CircleCI - driving automated builds, testing and deployment.
Our video processing pipeline integrates various machine learning models and vision processing stages (built around gstreamer and OpenGL) and implements modern video streaming and playback protocols (WebRTC, HLS). Security is also a core aspect of our work; protecting our customer’s privacy is integral and rooted deeply in our values.
What you will bring to the table:
We're looking for a skilled developer, with experience with either python or Go (golang). We are happy to offer the chance to cross-train to the other. Our experience is that - with the support of our team - a good developer familiar with a related language can become productive in a short time.
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests you may have - we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if a combination of these apply to you we'd love to chat!
- Experience with Python or Go
- Experience with Linux
- Aptitude in programming for reliability and testability
- Understanding and experience of cloud architecture patterns
- A desire to produce secure, reliable, and scalable systems
- Good judgement and taste in designing solutions appropriate to the need
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical domains
You may also have (we are open to teaching these skills):
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience of cloud deployment and technologies (AWS or GCP).
- Some knowledge of audio and/or video (WebRTC, HLS, OpenGL, gstreamer, etc)
- Some knowledge of machine learning and data science
What we bring:
- Company culture built around improving energy use and people’s lives
- Ability to work on smart home products using new, emerging technologies
- Small collaborative team where you can impact both product and culture
- Flexible schedule
- Company transparency at all levels
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
GDPR for Recruitment can be found here: https://www.ecobee.com/legal/use/
Back to top