Artificial Intelligence Researcher
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out. We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
Who you are:
You will contribute to a small and growing data science team that makes big impact in the life of thousands of people and enable technologies that saves energy and the environment. As an AI researcher you will help build complex and intelligent features in our ecosystem of smart home devices. You’ll combine a variety of sensors with machine intelligence to maximize occupants’ comfort, safety and security while reducing the building’s environmental footprint. We believe that self-controlled homes are revolutionary and we’re always exploring the latest in technology to help us innovate.
What you’ll do:
- Develop innovative Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions for smart homes
- Build context, aware, and agent-based AI systems
- Program state-of-the-art computing technologies in the cloud where data from 100,000s of smart devices are captured
- Construct advanced mathematical models that describe the physical states of a building
- PHD in Artificial Intelligence
- Proven research skills though the completion of a PHD thesis project and publications of academic papers
- Extensive experience and a thorough understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Programming skills for developing beautiful and scalable code
Are you the one we need? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top