We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users — but for our planet too.
We invented the world’s first smart Wi-Fi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate on the next generation of connected home technology. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day in and day out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive. If you want to help build one of the world’s top smart home brands, this is the job for you!
Who you are:
As an Art Director on our Marketing’s creative team, you will unify our advertising and support the organization’s need for creative services. Combining design thinking with a strategic business mindset, you thrive on problem-solving from multiple angles. You are organized and process-driven, working with our internal team and external agency partners to produce high quality, consistent creative.
What you will do:
- Own and champion the evolution of a unified advertising creative and ensure all work aligns with the company’s marketing strategies and the brand’s overall aesthetic and guidelines.
- You are a champion and defender of all things creative. That includes ideas, process, and people.
- Develop creative strategy and direction for material such as advertising (including digital and social media), promotions, packaging, and sales materials (handouts, booths, retail displays, shippers).
- Work on advertising campaigns being led by the brand management team and agency partners.
- Collaborate closely with the UX Designers and Industrial Designers to ensure a unified brand representation across packaging, product and development.
Your skills and experience:
- Experience as a senior creative, with increasing management experience and a list of creative teams who have grown and thrived under your leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, communications or a related field
- Promoting a culture of innovation matters to you. Whether it’s a small internal project or a product launch, you have the outstanding presentation and communication skills to reinvigorate the masses (even on a Monday morning).
- Collaboration – you set a high standard for execution but you know you can’t do it all alone. Guiding them along the way, you trust your team to successfully execute on the brand vision you’ve helped create.
- Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with Sketch is an asset.
- Knowledge and curiosity regarding emerging technologies and a passion for connected smart home products.
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top