Architect, Embedded Systems
Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home and the Internet of Things industries. ecobee products are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
We’re looking to grow our firmware team by adding an Embedded Systems Architect. The team you’ll be joining is tight-knit, agile, and smart. We love ideas, and encourage continual learning, development and exploration of new technologies. We want you to grow with us as we expand to reach our new milestones, so leadership opportunities will arise.
- Create software architecture and design from end-to-end
- Develop objected oriented software primarily in C++
- Work closely with Product Management to define features and new product requirements
- Use proven engineering methodologies to fully understand and solve complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering
- 10+ years C++ development experience
- Experience Designing and Architecting Embedded Systems
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills(including data structures and design patterns)
- Familiar with multi-threaded design and coding practices
- Experience with ARM architecture-based processors and development tools
- Aptitude in programming for reliability and testability
Nice to Have’s:
- Knowledge of Home Automation, and Internet of Things
- Knowledge of embedded Linux systems
- Firm grasp of GUI development
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
If you have a desire to design and build smart products that make a positive impact in the world, then we want to hear from you!
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top