We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become, the highest rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking to grow our Mobile Development team again by adding another Android Developer!
Who you are:
- Interested in learning new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks & libraries.
- Interested in joining a multi-disciplinary team where you can truely own part of your product
- Wanting to contribute to the growth of our team by providing coaching to junior developers
- Looking for a feel-good attitude towards your application, knowing you are doing environmentally focused work by saving energy costs across North America
What you would do:
- Collaborate with the development team, project managers, and domain experts in evaluating requirements and designing effective, transformative solutions
- Live in Github creating pull requests, reviewing code, merging branches, and generally be a great contributor by seeking out and providing feedback
- Collaborate, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications
- You have proven experience developing mobile Apps
- Experience with Android SDK, Android Studio, Patterns including MVC and Android application architecture experience
- Experience designing and building user interfaces for both Phones and Tablets
- Well versed with the latest Android design specs and features
- Very strong OOP skills
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top