- Toronto, Canada
Hi! We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
The Delivery Systems team at ecobee is responsible for the agile practice for the organization. Agile Coaches on the Delivery Systems team assign directly to teams and larger initiatives to improve the way ecobee delivers. Because we support a broad group of teams at ecobee, some involve physical products, some SaaS, some internal services, we are exposed to a breadth of unique opportunities in R&D. And, we are also known to support teams beyond R&D, such as marketing, finance, and customer support.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Contribute to establishment of an agile vision and practice for all of ecobee, participating in topics such as team structuring, organizational capacity modeling and health checks to support realization of the agile vision.
- Work directly with agile teams to mentor and coach teams to self-sustaining, high performance attributes.
- Identify and champion initiatives to remove organizational impediments affecting adoption of agile practice and team delivery.
- Evangelize agile best practices internally (blog posts and presentations) to help grow our organizational agile competency.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You live and breathe by agile principles. You know Scrum, and Kanban are simply techniques that can help teams realize agile outcomes. You are not strictly bound to these implementations.
- You embody servant leadership; You inspire and equip those you work with to achieve new levels of performance. You derive satisfaction from enabling others' success.
- You never accept status quo; You are always challenging "the way things work" to help teams and the organization achieve better ways of working.
- You have a toolkit of techniques that you leverage for challenges of all varieties. You're always experimenting with new techniques to grow your craft and toolkit.
- You are familiar with web, mobile, and/or IoT engineering practices.
- You are comfortable with Jira
- You have a genuine passion for agile philosophy
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests of our development team - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you we'd love to chat!
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top