We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for an Agile Coach to build high performing and self sufficient agile practices across all development teams.
How you will make an impact:
- Contribute to establishment of an agile vision and practice for all of ecobee, participating in topics such as team structuring, organizational capacity modeling and health checks to support realization of the agile vision.
- Work directly with agile teams to mentor and coach teams to self-sustaining, high performance attributes.
- Identify and champion initiatives to remove organizational impediments affecting adoption of agile practice and team delivery.
- Evangelize agile best practices internally (blog posts and presentations) to help grow our organizational agile competency.
Who you are:
- You live and breathe by agile principles. You know Scrum, and Kanban are simply techniques that can help teams realize agile outcomes. You are not strictly bound to these implementations.
- You embody servant leadership; You inspire and equip those you work with to achieve new levels of performance. You derive satisfaction from enabling others' success.
- You never accept status quo; You are always challenging "the way things work" to help teams and the organization achieve better ways of working.
- You have a toolkit of techniques that you leverage for challenges of all varieties. You're always experimenting with new techniques to grow your craft and toolkit.
- You are familiar with web, mobile, and/or IoT engineering practices.
- You are comfortable with Jira
- You have a genuine passion for agile philosophy
What we're offering:
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top