Account Manager, Utilities
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
We are looking for an Account Manager who believes that Business Development and Energy are the next big thing. You will work with a passionate group of Energy professionals that serve the largest Utilities in North America. Our current team is responsible for the ongoing account management of current and future clients, primarily focused on the North American Utility sector.
What makes a great Account Manager is the desire to do all the little extras to support our clients while delivering a fantastic customer experience to our users. This is a full-time position reporting to one of our great Directors of Business Development.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- In this role, you will play an integral role in various stages of the Business Development sales process at ecobee within the Utilities channel
- You’ll be responsible for account and project management of existing and new clients to include the tracking and reporting of performance to ensure team accountability and quality of deliverables
- Communicate with our internal and external stakeholders during sales calls, client meetings, product presentations and industry events
- Research new customer opportunities and develop target lists of potential ecobee customers
- Develop sales and marketing materials necessary for efficient communication of ecobee’s product and offerings
- Participate in our RFP/RFQ process in partnership with other team members
- Maximise revenue from each client and identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the client base
- Ensure that the team is continually developing its market, innovation and expert knowledge
Who Are You?
- You’re an experienced Sales Professional with 3-5 years of experience in Sales Support, Project and/or Account Management
- You pride yourself on exceptional project management skills and the ability to multi-task
- You like to think big picture and strategically while still being able to manage the day to day details
- You love the environment, and have a passion for energy savings
- Just so you know: successfully hired candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top