- Chicago, IL
The UX Designer will work with business and IT leaders to utilize the internal UI design and usability standards to be applied to all of Echo’s internal and external facing web applications. This person will become proficient in a large suite of applications and have a clear understanding of the business processes driving the usage and interaction with the web-based applications. The designer will also strive to meet technical standards, ensuring that all new applications are designed to these standards, not to mention moving the overall design forward, all the while providing Echo with consistent and innovative usability and presentation of our application product suite.
Essential Position Functions
• Establish UI/UX standards for all internal and external software product lines.
• Assist in establishing a central repository and manage all artifacts to support UI/UX standards and communication of standards.
• Establish and manage internal UI/UX governance board to oversee the implementation and adoption of UI/UX standards across the Enterprise.
• Work with Product Owners, Engineers and UX team members to implement UI/UX standard with supporting development, guidelines, frameworks, and tools.
• Work with internal Product Owner to develop and manage centralized prototyping artifacts process and procedures to communicate and obtain sign off of UI/UX standards through prototype demos.
• Continue to evolve the UI/UX standards for existing and new applications.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to identify and understand business process and work flow and ensure UI/UX meets requirements.
• Assist in defining new product development strategy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• 1-3 years of desktop, web, and mobile interaction design.
• Experience with all aspects of UX design and an expert at one or more of these aspects, including user research, information architecture, interaction design, usability evaluation, and accessibility evaluation.
• 1-3 years of experience using industry standard design tools such as: Adobe creative suite and Sketch.
• Experience authoring functional and technical requirement specifications.
• Experience juggling multiple development projects, working with both technical and business leaders to maintain status and ensure project deliverables are met.
• Familiarity with SCRUM based environments is a plus.
What's in it for you?
• Help career growth by joining industry leader and established product team with newly integrated and focused User Experience process
• Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and development teams
• Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
• Ability to introduce your own views and takes on the products
• See the path from the genesis of a product through idea life-cycle and retirement of a product
• Ability to live with your design and what customers think of the product
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Back to top