Sr. IT Auditor
The Senior IT Internal Auditor assists the Internal Audit Director in the planning and execution of assurance and consulting projects relating to information systems and related processes. This position identifies and assesses IT related risks, performs tests of controls, evaluates the cause and impact of deviations, and suggests appropriate corrective action.
The Senior IT Internal Auditor will assist with the development of the annual internal audit plan, periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, and implementation of sound internal control and corporate governance practices throughout the business. This position assists in the continued coordination with the external auditors, business process owners, and the office of the CIO on IT-related audit matters.
The Senior IT Auditor may also be involved in audits of non-IT related business areas and assist with overall Sox compliance efforts as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with management to identify and assess IT and related business risks.
- Assist with development of an annual risk-based IT audit plan and execute assigned components thereof.
- Recommend changes to controls, processes, and procedures to ensure data integrity and security and improve operational efficiency and appropriate suggestions to achieve the improvements.
- Incorporate the use of computer-assisted audit tools and techniques when deemed cost-effective.
- Perform testing of general controls, automated application control, and IT dependent manual reports relevant for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Coordinate with external auditors on IT related matters.
- Prepare appropriate documentation (e.g. narratives, flowchart, control matrices, segregation of duties analyses, audit reports, etc.) in support of all assurance and consulting work performed.
- Assist in the follow-up on internal audit recommendations to ensure implementation.
- Comply with auditing standards, follow good business practices, and efficiently utilize audit resources.
- Assist with administrative activities related to day-to-day affairs of the Internal Audit Department, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned, including business process improvement consulting engagements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- BS/BA in Information Systems, Business, or Accounting
- Working towards or holds Certified Information Systems Auditor certification (CISA).. Additional professional certifications preferred (i.e. CPA, CIA, CFE).
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of progressive IT audit related experience preferred, including the identification and assessment of IT related risks, engagement planning, quality assurance, and reporting of audit results.
- Strong project management and communication skills required
- Other preferred knowledge and experience in:
- Risk-based audit plans;
- IT audit and security standards, statements, and practices;
- Automated application controls;
- Sarbanes-Oxley testing of IT general and application controls;
- Computer-assisted audit tools and techniques;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Meet Some of Echo Global Logistics's Employees
Sr. Carrier Development Representative
Roz manages the sales aspect of the logistics side at Echo, interacting with trucking companies to make sure Echo clients can get the transportation they need.
Back to top