At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who enjoys crafting elegant, performance solutions and enterprise-grade restful API's which are transforming and empowering our business and driving real-world profit gains. This developer will be an intricate part of an Agile development team tasked with ingesting models from our Data Science team and turning them into real-world, enterprise level applications capable of supporting tens-of-thousands of transactions per day.
- Leading member of an engineering that solves real world challenges and builds complex multi-layered software targeting multiple platforms
- Partner w/ Data Scientists to resolve ambiguity and create enterprise-grade, production ready code.
- Provide accurate time-estimates
- Diligently work with your team in an agile-scrum setting and mentor less experience members
- Produces high quality, testable code
- Resolves defects in a timely and effective manner
- Identify and execute on areas of code improvement and reusability within projects
- Raises / resolves issues effectively
- Staying abreast of changes in relevant technologies
- 3+ years of python development experience
- 4+ Experience developing restful APIs in any language
- Experience with building containerized applications with Docker
- Must have experience with source code control
- Quality-minded developer (test experience and attitude)
- Great spoken and written communication skills
- Python API framework experience like Django or Flask
- Python Common data libraries like Pandas, numpy, etc.
- High-level understanding of Data Science principals and techniques
- Experience with Kubernetes and R
- Experience in CI/CD and creating pipelines (ADO or otherwise)
- Experience with various data solutions
- Experience with AWS (preferred) or other Cloud platform
- Experience working in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Experience in other OOP languages (C#, Java, etc)
- Knowledgeable in SQL and common DB data structures/patterns
We are currently hiring for a Data Engineering Role. This hire will be working as part of the team that won "2022 ANNY Excellence in Analytics Award".
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
#LI - Remote
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.