As a Software Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will contribute to engineering of large scale web-based applications to enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Our team has recently been ranked the third largest digital company by employee size in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. We have recently completed the technology integration with Command Transportation and look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!
Essential Position Functions
- See technology as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Are excited to learn and have understanding of several technologies
- Are proactive; you fix things before they break and bring new ideas to the table
- Possess ability to communicate with other technologists and non-technical colleagues
- Work as part of a cross functional team in an Agile environment
- Contribute to technical design including conceptual design, service contracts and overall application architecture
- Continually learn and refine your skills and knowledge
- Communicate openly and often with teammates and remain open to new ideas
- Work closely with senior team members to refine user stories and designs
- Work collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- Go above and beyond the call of duty
- Be proactive
- 1+ years developing commercial-grade business applications demonstrating the following:
- Experience working an object-oriented programming language, preferably in .NET
- Understanding of databases and data structures
- Understanding of service oriented architecture, RESTful web services
- Nice to have experience
- Working on a cross-functional team
- Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMS
- Event-driven architecture and messaging systems such as RabbitMQ
- Continuous integration and build and test automation tools
- .NET Core
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and continuing to advance Echo web based technologies
- Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and development teams
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Meet Some of Echo Global Logistics's Employees
Roz T.Sr. Carrier Development Representative
Roz manages the sales aspect of the logistics side at Echo Global, interacting with trucking companies to make sure Echo clients can get the transportation they need.
Back to top