Echo Global Logistics, based in Chicago, is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation and supply chain management services. Headquartered in Chicago with more than 30 offices around the country, Echo offers freight brokerage and Managed Transportation solutions for all major modes, including truckload, partial truckload, LTL, intermodal and expedited. Echo maintains a proprietary, web-based technology platform that compiles and analyzes data from its network of over 40,000 transportation providers to serve clients across a wide range of industries and simplify the critical tasks involved in transportation management.
We are seeking an innovative Senior Accountant to fill a new position on our continually growing Accounting & Finance team, based in downtown Chicago. Your main priorities will be to assist in the monthly close and reporting process across all entities as well managing day to day requirements of various responsibility areas within the group. The ideal candidate thrives in both a reporting and operational role as the position will be implementing new processes and proposing solutions to complex accounting issues. Working closely with the Accounting Manager, the Sr. Manager of Accounting and the Controller, you will develop strategies and methodologies that impact the entire business.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations to be reviewed by Accounting Manager
- Analyze monthly results at subsidiary and corporate level
- Responsible for booking monthly consolidating entries into consolidated financial statements and reconciling intercompany accounts
- Maintain lease agreements and determine the accounting implications of all leases
- Identify and establish best-practice accounting policies
- Participate in operational projects for the purpose of gaining efficiencies
- Adapt current internal control procedures in evolving SOX environment
- Prepare internal documentation of current processes
- Assist in SEC filings and financial reporting as needed
- Assist with fulfilling requests to complete compliance and audit requirements
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- 3-4 years of experience in public/corporate accounting
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Communicate effectively with team and others within the organization
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Solid written and oral communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Back to top