Echo is seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Logistics Broker; someone eager to learn all aspects of logistics brokering. Echo will give Logistics Brokers all of the tools they need to be successful in growing a unique book of business. Echo's sales floor is exciting and fast paced, where days consist of hard work, healthy competition and a little fun with coworkers! Here at Echo, we pride ourselves on many of our awards and accomplishments.
Awards Hanging at Echo HQ:
#4 – Transport Topics’ Top Freight Brokerage Firms 2016
Top 101 Best & Brightest Places to Work 2016
#8 – Built in Chicago’s Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2015
#36 – Crain’s Chicago Business’s 50 Fastest-Growing Companies 2015
Echo is committed to investing in its employee’s professional development and career growth. It is our mission to give you the tools needed to succeed in sales. Logistics brokers will complete classroom training, an apprenticeship program and an in-house continued education program. Upon completion of the initial 8 week training you will be assigned a mentor for 8 - 10 months to work alongside.
Logistics Brokers will be equipped and ready to land new business for the organization through building a sales portfolio of clients. Logistics brokers will be responsible for the full sales cycle; prospecting, relationship building, customer service and operations.
- Take a proactive approach in learning the importance of each task and how it affects the entire sales/procurement process
- Perform all tasks assigned by mentor to support their existing accounts
- Manage operational activities of loads to ensure customer satisfaction
- Help drive new account growth via prospecting, sourcing and account penetration
- Attend Continued Education programs and fully engage in learning the industry and business
- Strengthen sales techniques
- Develop and maintain new relationships, both within the company and externally
- A desire to build a lasting sales career in the logistics industry
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically the ability to persuade and communicate via phone
- Ability to remain resilient in an aggressive and competitive environment
- Understands the importance of self-motivation and self-management
- Thrives in a fast paced environment that requires problem solving and decision making on the fly
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
- Milestone awards and competitions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Meet Some of Echo Global Logistics's Employees
Sr. Carrier Development Representative
Roz manages the sales aspect of the logistics side at Echo, interacting with trucking companies to make sure Echo clients can get the transportation they need.
Back to top