Customer Service Representative (Sales Support)
As part of the Customer Service department, you will be responsible for ensuring that Echo’s customers and partners are provided with the world class customer service we are known for. Your main responsibility will be to assist a Customer Sales Representative (or a team of Customer Sales Reps) with their day to day operations management. Major responsibilities of this position include, handling inbound calls, working with vendors to obtain information and documents, data entry, problem-solving and building relationships with internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will take initiative to continuously improve the performance and efficiency of themselves and the sales team.
Every task should focus on building valuable partnerships with customers, carriers and peers through proactive communication. Customer Service Representatives are expected to demonstrate customer advocacy by offering solutions, solving problems and managing assigned accounts.
- Complete data-entry and build loads for Customer Sales reps
- Fulfill requests by accurately updating shipment statuses in Echo’s internal system as well communicating escalations to the appropriate party
- Contact partner carriers for time sensitive information and properly update Echo’s internal system
- Assist customers with shipment tracking when time permits
- Monitor the team email queue fulfill requests promptly, utilizing excellent professional communication skills
- Communicate issues proactively to the Customer Sales Rep to ensure problems are resolved quickly
- Add value to the department by maintaining a strong work ethic, positive attitude and commitment to delivering world class customer service
- Build and maintain relationships with Echo customers
- Team player attitude, both within the department as well as partnering with Echo employees across the organization
- Strong multitasking skills
- An eagerness to expand knowledge of Echo and the transportation industry
- Receptive to new ideas and opportunities
- Comfortable working with new technology software, competent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet navigation
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Meet Some of Echo Global Logistics's Employees
Sr. Carrier Development Representative
Roz manages the sales aspect of the logistics side at Echo, interacting with trucking companies to make sure Echo clients can get the transportation they need.
Back to top