Echo Global Logistics, based in Chicago, is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation and supply chain management services. Headquartered in Chicago with more than 30 offices around the country, Echo offers freight brokerage and Managed Transportation
solutions for all major modes, including truckload, partial truckload, LTL, intermodal and expedited. Echo maintains a proprietary, web-based technology platform that compiles and analyzes data from its network of over 40,000 transportation providers to serve clients across a wide range of industries and simplify the critical tasks involved in transportation management.
Echo is looking to immediately fill a role on our accounting team. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Accounting and through the Controller. Your main priorities will be to execute and manage the monthly close process, analyze variances in account balances, manage the treasury process and cash forecast, and enhance our internal accounting processes. The position will also be responsible for reviewing account reconciliations, participating in special projects as dictated by the organization and communicating with our external auditors.
- Manage the monthly close process
- Execute the treasury process and cash forecast
- Analyze variances in account balances
- Enhance management estimate calculations for high-risk accounts
- Review account reconciliations performed by Staff Accountants
- Fulfill documentation requests for audit and other compliance requirements
- Evaluate current accounting processes for efficiencies
- Assist in other accounting and operational projects
- CPA required
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 5-7 years’ experience in public or corporate accounting
- Team player, recognizes and supports team goals over individual goals
- Expert problem solving skills, is able to recognize and correct a potential accounting issue quickly and effectively
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Communicates effectively with various team members
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Volunteer opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Meet Some of Echo Global Logistics's Employees
Sr. Carrier Development Representative
Roz manages the sales aspect of the logistics side at Echo, interacting with trucking companies to make sure Echo clients can get the transportation they need.
Back to top