As part of the West Coast Operations, you will assist the Operations Manager in the day to day management of the accounts within their team. The functionality of this role is focused on the back-office support that includes Account On-Boarding, AR and AP responsibilities, and customer service.
- Account set-up within Optimizer
- Client outreach confirming billing/invoicing needs
- EDI Functionality Consolidated Invoicing, etc.
- Request credit approval/set-up through AR Department in Chicago
- Partner with our AR Department in Chicago to ensure all proper rules and processes are followed through case management:
- Credit memos, buffer day increase, credit increase, etc.
- Review and approval of client billing
- Upload customer paperwork (when required)
- General account maintenance (proper set up, update information, etc.)
- Account Reconciliation (short/overpaid invoices)
- Cash Application Support
- Work all CIRs for all modes (LTL, TL)
- Work directly with LTL carriers to fight incorrect additional charges
- Case Management (short pays, voiding carrier invoices, etc.)
- Upload carrier paperwork (when required)
- Carrier invoice reconciliation (short/unpaid invoices)
- Carrier A/P inquiries
- Support to Carrier team with A/P inquiries
- Call carriers for paperwork (unbilled & missing documents)
- Miscellaneous administrative duties as requested (scan, fax, resend invoices, manual invoice correction, etc.
Requirement & Experience
- Advanced understanding of transportation industry billing practices
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Collections experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong ability for personal interaction
- High level of customer service, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Strong sense of urgency and follow-up skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Initiative and willingness to learn
- Proactive, independent and detail oriented approach to work
- Take charge performer who is effective at multi-tasking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Meet Some of Echo Global Logistics's Employees
Sr. Carrier Development Representative
Roz manages the sales aspect of the logistics side at Echo Global, interacting with trucking companies to make sure Echo clients can get the transportation they need.
Back to top