2019 Summer Interns- Carrier Sales
CARRIER SALES INTERNSHIP ROLES
Looking for an internship role in Summer 2019 and think you have what it takes to be a part of our Sales team? Check out what we have to offer!
Echo’s summer Internship program allows you the opportunity have on-the-job training to execute real world projects, interaction with Senior Management/Executives, mentorship from leaders, and thriving in an environment and culture that listens and welcomes your feedback. We are an organization that has high energy, great enthusiasm and collaboration, and is ultimately a lot of FUN to be a part of!
Spend your summer learning all the in and outs of a busy sales team! After a week of training, you will be partnered with a coach/mentor within our Carrier or Client Sales team. You will focus on your specific team but have an opportunity to learn what all the sales teams do! You will spend the summer learning both the logistics industry and the full process of becoming a rock star sales rep!
We foster a passionate, driven sales force in the 3PL space, the fastest growing segment within transportation. Our reps stop at nothing to close business, offer solutions and solve problems for our clients’ diverse shipping needs.
- Must be able to start June 3, 2019 (internship goes through August 9, 2019)
- Able to work daily at our downtown Chicago location (600 W Chicago Ave)
CARRIER SALES RESPONSIBLITIES MAY INCLUDE:
As a Carrier Sales Intern you will work closely with a carrier rep, our extensive network of carriers, as well as develop new relationships. You learn what it takes to take a proactive approach in mastering the pricing and capacity fluctuations in the truckload shipping market.
- Work closely with a mentor throughout the summer
- Help the team to source carrier services to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight
- Work closely within your team to help schedule all shipments
- Establish and maintain relationships with carriers to expand capacity opportunities
- Work with mentor on negotiating rates with carriers on a spot or transactional basis
- Establish internal relationships within Echo
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Paid internship, casual dress, team outings
- Help understand career opportunities by joining an industry leader for the summer
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices from
- Develop and grow your intrapersonal skills
- Work within Echo’s proprietary technology
- Plan to learn a lot and have a lot of fun!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Back to top