Technical Program Manager - Internal Systems
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
The Ebates Platform Services team is looking for an Internal Systems Technical Program Manager. This is full-time position that affords the flexibility to work from our Northern California offices (San Francisco, CA, or San Mateo, CA), and reports to the Director of Product Management, Platform Services.
As an Internal Systems Technical Program Manager, you will drive several key company initiatives that support complex core operations. Initial and primary initiatives include driving implementation follow-through of major 3rd party vendor system integrations as well as the ongoing management of these integrations. Subsequent and ongoing responsibilities will include collaboration with internal stakeholders to identify emerging internal system needs, and to manage the development and release of those solutions. You must be able to develop project schedules, track project progress, effectively communicate status and/or issues that arise, and use diplomacy and creativity to keep project initiatives on-target. You are adept at cross-functional coordination and will facilitate efforts across numerous internal teams, external consultants, and vendors. You must possess a unique blend of strong leadership skills, detailed planning expertise, concise communication, and effective collaboration skills. You have a knack of learning complex systems quickly and becoming a "go-to" resource for project/program-specific knowledge and assistance.
- Provide technical leadership and work cross-functionally to drive company initiatives.
- Develop project schedules that clearly identify resources, deliverables, milestones, and dependencies.
- Anticipate and promptly identify timeline and technical risks, and propose solutions that allow project to advance within constraints.
- Efficiently communicate project status and updates to internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Oversee documentation of business processes and contribute to creating repeatable business process.
- When needed, gather cross-functional business requirements and create specifications.
- Excellent project leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence and comfort working with both internal customers and external vendors.
- Ability to clearly grasp the big picture while also understanding and managing complex, interconnected details.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to gain and communicate impactful business insights.
- Experience with Oracle Financial and Salesforce platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of internet-based technology; experience in data modeling and/or web-centric products is a strong plus.
- Certifications in leadership, management, or project management is a plus.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
Director Of Product Management
Serge manages Ebates' product cycle, working with his team to create innovative technology for the Ebates platform—and providing Ebates' members with exceptional shopping experiences.
Back to top