Technical Product Manager (One Year Maternity Leave)
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for market need analyses, requirements gathering, release planning and bringing new products and services to market. You will report to the General Manager. Your mandate is to increase the profitability of existing products and to develop new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and feedback from colleagues and customers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time breaking down complex problems and designing innovative solutions.
* Develop go-to-market plans for major 2017 initiatives, working with departments across multiple time zones to execute and launch product enhancements and new products.
* Collaborate with a variety of different teams in multiple locations:
o Front-end web dev teams in India and Toronto are the primary focus
o In addition: work with multiple teams in California including core shopping platform engineering, admin platform engineering, data processing, business intelligence, product management, QA, web dev, tech ops, and more.
* Drive and deliver a variety of projects on desktop and mobile web in an Agile development environment.
o Develop high level requirements and convert them into functional specifications for web development.
o Build and manage sprints between releases, communicating across teams and to management
o Support deployment process by performing manual QA based on established release cycle
* Plan and execute usability testing, interpret and act on findings to leverage customer experience feedback, enhancing / improving products and conversions using various tools such as UserTesting, Optimizely and Google Analytics
* Develop, monitor and maintain metrics for measuring success. Drive a data-informed culture that promotes "test, verify and learn”.
* Provide UX/design guidance and direction to the creative designers, product owners and developers within your assigned projects, ensuring a consistent user experience
* Prototype designs or proof of concepts in order to obtain user feedback and/or facilitate management approvals
* Prepare weekly report for GM on status and progress to goals
* Attend recurring meetings with teams in California, and India in order to maintain control of active projects and to maintain a clear view into other product teams’ priorities and activities
* Prepare and present QBR: quarterly presentation to the team on achievements and major projects/ objectives for the coming quarter
* 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience within the industry ex) Canadian e-commerce, online advertising, web development, product management
* Proven ability to successfully initiate, plan, design, execute, monitor, control and close out multiple softward development projects at a time.
* Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus
* Product Management experience in agile software development
* Ability to write clear market-driven product requirements
* Strong attention to detail, extremely organized
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Experience working across borders, time zones and with remote HQ an asset
* Ability to work additional hours as needed, especially around holidays and product launches
* Experience in a high growth start-up environment a plus
* Experience with JIRA a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Note: Direct candidates only. No third parties
Back to top