Strategic Merchant Account Manager - Rakuten
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
The responsibility of the Strategic Merchant Account Manager is to accelerate sales growth by managing a select group of merchants selling on the Rakuten.com Marketplace. You will accomplish this by analyzing your market offerings and by developing and executing on sales and product category plans to maximize opportunities. You will also coordinate with the marketing team, customer service teams and IT groups on projects and initiatives to drive and grow the business. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct analysis on issues affecting merchant performance
- Advise brands on how to best develop their business on our marketplace, using proprietary reporting and marketing tools
- Experience managing multiple projects - prioritizing, planning and organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain relationships of existing brands as well as source new brands for future products
- Facilitate merchant participation in promotions and advertising on Rakuten.com
- Sales forecasting and ability to analyze sales figures and write reports
- Manage plans for inventory levels and identify changes in demand and logistics
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Develop a keen understanding of the product market your merchants offer goods in
- Advise merchants on how to best develop their business on Rakuten.com
- Implement target action plans to achieve goals
- Monitor sales reports daily for success and identify gaps to take correction action
- Support the growth of the number of SKU’s listed and profitability of the Merchants
- Analyze proprietary merchant reporting and marketing tools
- Occasional web-site management via in house content management and product management tools also required along with technical trouble shooting to correct content or feed errors
- Head up key initiatives designated by the company to drive long-term sustainable growth
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University
- 2-4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous product and partnership management and site merchandising experience in eCommerce
- Previous online sales and/or marketplace sales experience highly preferred
- Experience editing (HTML) and publishing content via Content Management Systems
- Retail industry experience and product knowledge along with a high level of awareness and interest in trends
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Regular reliable attendance and punctuality required
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with excellent attention to detail
- Must be assertive while respectful and be able to consistently “self-motivate to reach sales and business goals.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, and exceptional communication skills
- Ability to make important decisions, cope with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working within tight deadlines
- High level problem solving skills and research/ analytical ability including the ability to obtain and interpret information and make specific recommendations under minimal supervision
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment in complex decision making
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top