We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
- Support the maintenance of the general ledger by ensuring proper and timely entering and recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with IFRS and Company policies
- Participate in the month-end close processes by performing activities that include but are not limited to preparing, reviewing and posting journal entries
- Assist with ongoing account reconciliation and specific projects by reviewing and researching assigned accounts. Ensure that general ledger accounts are resolved and reconciled on a timely basis. This may entail the review of account reconciliations with management
- Provide support for quarterly reviews and year-end audit completed by the Company's external auditors
- Assist in the review and streamlining of necessary internal controls and processes
- Provide accounting support to the Controller and Managers on special projects as required or assigned
- Perform other duties or assist with ad hoc projects as requested
- BA degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills with ability to create pivot tables and perform v-look ups
- Balance of both public company experience and start-up/private company environments is desirable
- Knowledge of consolidations, international accounting, inter-company transactions and corporate accounting and reporting is desirable
- Experience with general ledger function and the month-end close process, including account reconciliations and analyses
- Experience with QuickBooks is preferred
Soft Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and possess good time management skills
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction
- Ability to make decisions with discretion and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently or with a team, self-starter, energetic
- Willing to work in a productivity-driven environment with a high volume of workflow
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Results-oriented with attention to detail and accuracy
- Reliable and professional
- Flexible and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top