Sr. Manager of B2B Analytics
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
This is a tremendous opportunity to help create a new B2B analytics team to help Ebates demonstrate value to our 2,000 merchant partners. Ebates is a trusted marketing partner for our merchants, and we’re ramping up the data products we offer to help them improve their business and our mutual opportunity. Ebates offers cash back promotions in both the online, and increasingly, offline worlds. With 10s of millions of members, a multi-application environment, thousands of merchant partners, and rapidly growing consumer behavior data, Ebates is sitting on unique data sets. If you love data, and understand the merchant’s perspective on marketing, you’ll love working here!
Both internal teams and merchant partners are hungry for data about how the Ebates program is performing, and how changes to the Ebates program change the results for our partners. As the Senior Manager of B2B Analytics you’ll be responsible for developing the tools and analyses that will supply internal and merchant partner teams with the data they need. You’ll provide leadership and insights with a strong merchant perspective. Your hunt for improved performance will lead you to work with your team to develop ever more sophisticated models concerning the interaction of consumers, merchants, placements, and promotions on the Ebates platform. This is a new role, in a new team, and for the right person, it will be a superb opportunity to make vital contribution in a fascinating role.
- Lead the merchant analytics team, within the broader business intelligence team, at Ebates
- Support the sales, merchant operations, and business teams by supplying and analyzing data from internal databases and building/enhancing reporting tools
- Lead internal analyses of merchant performance, and work on coordinated tests with merchant partners
- Project manage the development of data models and algorithms to help Ebates understand our merchants’ data better, especially as it relates to consumer share of wallet, Ebates’ place within the sales acquisition landscape, and consumer-merchant interaction
- Partner with sister companies within Rakuten to drive ever deeper understanding of Ebates’ position within the eCommerce ecosystem
- Project manage the development of technological solutions to make merchant analytics available to product teams across Ebates and to the merchants themselves
- Extensive experience working as a business analyst for an eCommerce website, with a particular focus on consumer acquisition and the analysis of acquisition marketing
- Experience analyzing the effectiveness and ROI of acquisition marketing initiatives for eCommerce websites
- Experience querying large databases to derive actionable insights on consumer engagement
- Experience either managing or leading a team of analysts
- Experience managing or coordinating the use of data science models
- Experience developing new reports and dashboards within a comprehensive business intelligence framework
- 6 plus years of experience working as a business analyst
- Expert in SQL
- Experience establishing new database and business intelligence systems
- Experience with cross team project management
- Experience with reporting tools (Tableau preferred)
- Knowledge of Hadoop a plus
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note: Direct candidates only. No third parties.
Back to top