Sr. Data Scientist
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco,
New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com.
We're seeking an exceptional data scientist with deep expertise in statistics, machine learning and optimization to help drive growth on a core part of our product offering. You’ll have to be a team player, with the ability to work across a variety of departments, and you’ll have to be comfortable on the front lines of the business making a real difference. You’ll be responsible for creating and enhancing data science products, through innovative thought processes, all the way from conception to deployment and testing. This role is perfect for someone looking to make a real difference by deploying their data science skill set at a successful and growing company.
- Design scalable algorithms, using large amounts of data, to drive ever smarter products
- Use data mining skills to design and develop tools that can optimize recommendations and user experience for our website customers
- Use internal data to better understand customer behavior within the business funnel, from acquisition, through retention to monetization
- Work closely with a variety of teams to deploy tests and drive deployment of data science products
- Experience working as a data scientist for an e-commerce website
- Experience developing optimization and recommendation algorithms
- Experience using statistics and a variety of models to understand the workings of an ecommerce business
- Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
- Experience with successfully moving data science products from prototypes to production release
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working on multiple projects at the same time, with short deadlines
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- 4 plus years experience working as a data scientist at an e-commerce website
- Strong R skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working with reporting tools (Tableau or Looker preferred)
- Experience with Python and Scala a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top