Senior Technical Product Manager
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
Ebates seeks a technical product manager with a nose for driving business results. You are an engineer by training who now works in product, are willing to dig into the technical details of the products you manage and you don't accept hand-waving explanations.
You will lead our platform efforts to build a seamless shopping experience across a growing list of global merchants; our "Universal Shopping Cart" (USC). USC works across channels, retailers, and borders to make diverse shopping experiences easier.
You will work with our overall product lead for USC and our engineering, design, legal, finance and customer support teams to triage acute issues as well as define integration priorities, the product roadmap, key performance indicators and internal processes that result in delightful customer experiences.
- Help arm Ebates' merchant account managers and business development with information on USC.
- Communicate with merchants (Internet Retailer 2000) directly about our efforts and facilitate their buy in.
- Define, refine and monitor processes for website parsing efforts that allow us to measure, improve and execute quality integrations.
- Lead checkout api product initiatives with our partners (merchants, ecommerce platforms and technology providers).
- Write clear, well defined user stories for our engineering teams that build short and long term features.
- Advocate for prioritization that moves your initiatives forward.
- Identify and execute initiatives to broaden Ebates product coverage through web crawling.
- Own the product-side of our PCI compliance, it's apis and credit card vault.
- Develop, monitor and maintain metrics for measuring success. Drive a data-informed culture that promotes "test and verify."
- Collaborate with your demand-side counterpart to develop focused priorities based on feedback from customers.
Your experience & qualifications:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a product manager on web or SaaS products
- Deep understanding of web technology with examples in product and engineering
- Relentless focus on quality and data-informed decisions
- Understand how to work effectively across channels and across borders
- Cheerfully persistent and persuasive, results-oriented team leader
- Highly entrepreneurial yet able to work up and down our organization to develop scalable solutions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top