Senior Project Manager
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience -not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
We are in search of a Senior Project Manager. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco. You'll join the Ebates team to help refine our project and resource management processes. You'll facilitate key parts of our mission and our focus on getting millions of members more Cash Back faster, and driving many front and back-end enhancements supporting a broad array of features.
This is a transformational role; combining process design and strategy with project management. Ebates has traditionally done project management within product management and engineering management roles. We're working through a number of changes to support additional scaling of the organization, and we want to layer in project and resource management for key projects - and better standardize processes for all projects.
You are a people-oriented project manager with a flair for process development and successful adoption of those processes. You can consult with teams to help choose an appropriate process from a palette of processes, and step in to actively manage key projects. You are analytical and can help project resource needs and identify bottlenecks in a (mostly) Agile model.
Success in this role is getting a palette of processes honed down; identifying old processes to remove; standardizing measures and providing exec visibility into resource utilization and project status.
- Develop and update processes, enabling technical and organization change to drive greater throughput.
- Work with product management team, peer leaders to ensure the on-time, in-scope, quality delivery of project portfolio commitments.
- Oversee resource planning/monitoring across project portfolio.
- Put in place project portfolio dashboard enabling team-wide visibility into project status.
- Building out roadmap resource models.
- Project Manage key (select) projects.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable real-world experience.
- 7+ years of project management experience delivering software products to market.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of projects in the internet/software industry.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and product roadmap development.
- Motivational leadership style. Demonstrated ability to establish new process - design, get multiple teams to buy-in, coach/mentor, monitor
- Jira workflows and broad knowledge of SDLC processes.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top