Senior Java Engineer
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
Product Catalog, Search & Personalization is an exciting project at Ebates. Our mission is to provide an accurate, compelling catalog with millions of products covering our thousands of merchant partners – and build highly relevant search and recommendations engines to take our search and e-commerce offering to the next level.
This platform will use our Big Data infrastructure, open source scalable search platform and cutting edge machine learning/statistical modeling and it will be highly leveraged within the company, becoming the foundation for our next-generation of applications.
Be part of an awesome R&D team where you get inspired by talented people, challenges and mission to change the e-commerce landscape! Plus, you’ll help millions of Ebates members worldwide get the best deals available!
We are looking for hands-on Senior Java engineer. The position is located in San Mateo.
You will be responsible for leading design & development of Product Catalog & Search components including storage, search, large data processing (batch & in-memory), APIs, analytics, tools and web services.
This is a great opportunity to join early in the team and build/own the infrastructure.
* 6+ years of solid Java back-end experience
* Strong knowledge of design patterns, OOPS principles and data structures
* Strong knowledge of at least some of the following frameworks/technologies – Hibernate, Spring, REST, JMS, XML, JSON
* Experience with Relational databases, queries and RDBMS best practices as a consumer
* Experience with any of these technologies a HUGE plus: Big Data (Cassandra), Spark, Kafka, machine learning
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced Agile development and rapid deployment in the Cloud/SaaS environment.
* Project lead experience a plus
* Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top