Senior Internal Auditor - Rakuten
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
The Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Rakuten USA Internal Audit Manager and will be a critical part of the Rakuten America’s Internal Audit Team. The candidate will interact on a regular basis with accounting, finance and business personnel from all Rakuten group companies in the U.S. The candidate will be responsible for performing financial, operational, compliance, and Japanese SOX reviews in accordance with the Rakuten Inc. internal audit plan. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member
- Lead the execution of specific areas of a project, supervising other members and providing coaching where requested
- Act as the in-charge for selected audit projects, conducting the audit planning, overseeing the execution of the audit, and leading closing activities. Supervision includes assessing project status and results and overseeing timely completion, including work paper review and report preparation
- Promote enhancement of auditor judgment through targeted feedback that drives directly to business control risks
- Provide reports to managers on the effectiveness of their business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process
- Assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the company. Assist business partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment
- Facilitate management’s JSOX assessment by evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of documented controls
- Coordinate with external auditors and business process owners on audit related matters
- In addition to internal audit assignments, from time to time you may assist the Rakuten group associated companies in performing special financial or analytical projects
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3-5 years of internal audit experience, preferably with “Big 4” or consulting firm experience
- Strong experience and knowledge of best practices in operational and compliance review
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- CPA, CIA, or other professional audit designation desirable
- Understanding of accounting principles (IFRS and GAAP), practices, procedures, and controls on manual and automated systems and the ability to exercise independent and objective judgment in various settings and circumstances
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top