Senior Front End Developer
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
This ideal candidate must be a highly motivated individual, self-starter with excellent communication and team collaboration skills. A passion for solving business problems and exceeding expectations through the development of leading edge, disruptive technologies are extremely desired.
* 5+ years of front end web development and programming experience.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
* Advanced OOP, DOM manipulation and AJAX experience.
* Experience working with REST APIs using JSON, XML, etc.
* Experience with web API integration.
* Experience with Responsive Design using frameworks such as Bootstrap, etc.
* Experience with designing and optimizing for mobile web and mobile devices.
* Strong competencies with design patterns such as MVC.
* Be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
* Be able to work with product management and creative teams to create fully functionally pages and applications from design mockups.
* Strong attention to details, problem solving skills and extremely hands on.
* Experience with server side languages such as Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby a plus.
* Experience with Java Velocity Templating Engine.
* Experience with source code management tools such as SVN, GIT, etc.
* Experience in a structured environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
* Experience mentoring junior employees.
* Previous experience with ecommerce, affiliate marketing or online advertising a plus.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top