Senior Backend Engineer, Innovation Team
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience -not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2017, members spent over $10 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2017, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply now!
We are in search of a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Innovation Team. This is a full-time position located in San Mateo. You'll help drive new products and prototypes for various projects under the team's responsibility. As these products and prototypes mature, you'll have the opportunity to grow with them or help hand them over and move on to something new.
We believe that great software engineers are versatile generalists and are defined more by their actions and judgment than the specific technologies they know. As such, we value: owning delivery end-to-end and releasing without drama, treating team success as personal success, consistent learning that translates into systematic improvement; and using the right tool for the job, especially open source.
• Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics and deployment
• Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
• Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
• Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• Enjoys being a generalist, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend
• Experience building large scale backend applications
• Experience or ability to work in Python and with cloud platforms
• Flexible, dedicated, and curious
• Believes in the craft of software engineering, being pragmatic when necessary
• Inspired by prior art, but driven to innovate beyond it
• Respectfully challenges your peers and welcomes being challenged
• Passionate about learning and eager to help us learn too
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top