Sales Manager - Rakuten
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
We are hiring a Sales Manager for our Rakuten.com team that is located in San Mateo. Our dream candidate is highly motivated, collaborative, and a strategic hunter with a passion for evangelizing the Rakuten.com philosophy and value proposition with enthusiasm. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Generates and pursues prospective new business development partnerships to fuel GMV.
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business.
- Manages and drives the pipeline activities as well as updates, tracks and monitors the opportunity pipeline for the team using Salesforce.
- Develop, train, and manage a small sales team to achieve the goals of building business development expansion, merchant usage and merchant satisfaction.
- Storyboard and communicate value of Rakuten.com platform in-person and via WebEx.
- Work closely with account management team to define category and target lists.
- Set goals, objectives, KPIs independently as leader of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University
- 5-7+ years in Business Development at retail, technology, or eCommerce company
- Sold and closed deals with IR 200 retailers
- Managed portfolio of $30M in new biz initiatives
- Maintained relationships with key decision makers at IR 500 companies
- Strong selling experience with mixed pipeline
- Right kind of ambition: growing people, revenue, and products with no bureaucracy or politics
- Hunter/gatherer/builder skillset and prioritization
- Smart, creative, humble, hungry, funny, and nice
- You should be competitive, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to win.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top