Sales Assistant (Temp to Hire)
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining favorable relationships with new
and existing merchant partners, negotiating contract terms, generating unique ideas for
growing sales and educating merchants on our best practices in order to increase gross and
* Run daily/weekly reports by merchant and/or by Network Aggregator for internal and
* Work cross functionally with various internal teams to address merchant inquiries.
* Prepare and present advertising opportunities to merchant contacts.
* Serve as primary point of contact for merchants to investigate and provide prompt
responses to inquiries about program optimizations, offers, and cash back escalations.
* Evaluate new merchant affiliate programs and add as appropriate.
* Perform merchant research: competitive comparisons, program terms, industry
* High School education
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years combined higher education and sales/marketing experience
* Strong analytical background with a love for numbers and a keen understanding of how to
translate data into action
* Exceptional relationship management skills
* Proven ability to negotiate and grow a client base
* Strong analytical and marketing skills
* Understanding of e-commerce and user contributed content (forums)
* Strong communication skills; verbal and written
* Accurate with language and numbers
* Working knowledge of Apple and Windows- based computer systems, email programs and
* Working knowledge of affiliate marketing
* Advertising network experience
* Basic HTML text formatting knowledge
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Note: Direct candidates only. No third parties
Back to top