We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2017, members spent over $10 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2017, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply now!
We're seeking a talented Reporting Manager to join our growing team in our San Mateo, CA office . This is a key position where you will prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly and annual close schedules.
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements Assist with statutory audits Assist in technical accounting matters that include but are not limited to researching new accounting pronouncements and potential impacts on the Company Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls Pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolutions to management and other affected areas/departments as required Prepare and provide supporting documentation/schedule to the internal (SOX)/external auditors for both quarterly reviews/year-end audit and SOX related requests Perform other duties or assist with ad hoc projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred but not required 7+ years of accounting experience in the related responsibilities Strong Excel skills with ability to create pivot tables and perform v-look ups Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing you to relay technical accounting information effectively with non-technical people and act as a resource for less experienced accounting staff Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are required as is the ability to research issues, prepare evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions Public company experience is required Experience with general ledger function and the month-end close process, including account reconciliations and analyses Experience with QuickBooks and Oracle R12/13 is preferred and or other ERP systems Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow; work well under pressure to meet deadlines
Soft Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to wo rk independently on accounting projects with minimal direction
- Ability to make decisions with discretion and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently or with a team, self-starter, energetic
- Willing to work in a productivity-driven environment with a high volume of workflow
- Reliable and professional
- Flexible and easy to get along with
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Rakuten and any subsidiaries of Rakuten are considered property of Rakuten and any subsidiaries of Rakuten and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top