QA Engineer - Commerce
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This is a full-time position, which will be located in our Beloit, WI office, and reports in to our QA Director. Your overall responsibility will be to ensure that the Ebates highly trafficked consumer website is performing at its best, as we keep adding new products and features. We are not looking for a “Tester”. If you have a programming and full stack test background, and the ability and attitude to assume more responsibilities as you grow with us, then this is a great opportunity for you. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- UI testing, black box, functional, automated regression and performance testing
- Create and execute test plans and test cases
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record and report issues
- Deploy/Install backend applications on Linux servers
- Develop, implement and execute full stack tests
- Maintain UAT environment
- Efficiently and effectively work with geographically distributed teams
- At least 3-5 years of experience with manual and automated testing
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and web development tools
- Linux/Unix experience
- Basic knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with database (Postgres preferred)
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work in team, multi-task and be flexible with working hours
- Proactive, fast learner and ability to adapt to new technologies
- Python and Robot Framework experience
- Experience working with Regexes
- JMeter; TestNG
- Experience with Datadog monitoring, Loggly
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top