QA Automation Engineer
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
You will be collaborating with a small team of skilled software engineers and product managers to work on new strategic projects. Together with an agile team develop and translate business goals into high quality, reliable, and scalable technology. In order to deliver faster and set a high quality bar we invest the time and commitment to automating tests. We use a wide variety of tools such a unit, integration, and selenium tests.
This position is located in the Ebates San Diego, CA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, executing and automating QA tasks.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record, and report issues.
- Work closely with cross functional and remote teams to deliver a complete user experience
- Collaborate with QA team members to learn and grow as an engineer.
- Collaborate and work with team members in office. There’s flexibility in time schedules and telecommuting opportunities. No one likes being stuck in traffic
- Stick to the process and provide honesty and insights on how ways to improve the process.
- 3+ years of experience in executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
- Strong programming skills desired
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Ability to work in team, multi-task and flexible with working hours.
- Experience in testing RESTful web services and backend APIs
- Experience with both JSON and XML
- Experience working with a unit testing framework (e.g. JUnit, TestNG)
• Small team with very few to no meetings. On some days it’s just the morning scrum.
• MacBook Pro
• Adjustable standing desk
• Competitive compensation based on experience; Employee Stock Option program
Location: Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA. Two miles from the beach and three blocks from the bay.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top