Principal Product Designer - Cartera
Who we are:
Cartera Commerce’s loyalty solutions serve 4 of the top 10 card issuers, 5 of the top 6 airlines, and over 900 retailers. We have recently joined with Ebates, the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping and a subsidiary of the global Internet services company, Rakuten. Cartera Commerce is based in Lexington, Massachusetts.
About the position:
Here’s what we need – An experienced product designer to grow and innovate our consumer offerings. You are a passionate designer with strong User Experience, branding, ecommerce and mobile experience who enjoys designing for the new and emerging technologies that hit the market every day. You will contribute directly to shaping the future of our loyalty commerce offerings.
- Deliver great looking and easy to use designs to a variety of devices.
- Assist with the development of UX and brand guidelines that move the product towards a strong, minimal and pleasing visual aesthetic.
- Contribute to all aspects of mobile and web design from paper prototyping and initial concepts, to prototypes, wireframes, transition/motion designs and pixel perfect comps.
- Drive the co-creation process with product managers, marketers, copy writers and engineers.
- Have an insatiable curiosity throughout the entire product design process. Plugged in on the newest visual and interaction best practices that we see in the marketplace every day.
- Influence the direction of product strategy and visually articulate the best ways to move towards shipping.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience designing for web, mobile web, responsive web, material design and smartphone applications. Experience with wearables a plus.
- Proficient to expert level mastery of Sketch, Invision or similar, and Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Principle.
- Proficiency in UX wireframing using Axure, Omnigraffle or similar.
- Experience working across multiple platforms preferred to deliver consistent experiences across multiple touch points
- Ability to rapidly execute compelling visual designs and hi-fidelity mockups with strong attention to pixel-level detail and using a library of design patterns consistent with the brand.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be able to jump from white-boarding to wireframes to polished designs with a multi-disciplinary team of your peers.
- Have a mastery of Mobile Web design patterns and an experienced approach to motion, transition and animation
- Be able to handle our most difficult user problems (ex: staying top of mind, decision fatigue, explaining how the product works, etc.)
- Think strategically about how to roll designs out as smaller pieces – be a lean practitioner. Small, measurable impact is at the core of design/development at Cartera.
- Have strong cross-platform knowledge. From desktop to mobile, be able to make thoughtful decisions about design and implementation.
- See your role as an advocate for both the brand and the user. Conversations about customer personas and end goals must be part of your design process. You must be able to engage in feedback conversations with a larger team and give insightful feedback based on a thorough understanding of user personas and the business as a whole.
- Ensure designs move gracefully between platforms, adjusting solutions as needed from platform to platform, understanding and working within constraints.
- Follow designs through their entire lifecycle, from wireframing and prototyping to testing, full fidelity conception and quality assurance, ensuring designs are built to spec.
- Manage work to strategy, scope and deadlines in fast-paced environment, against shifting priorities.
- Accept and resolve critique with grace and ease.
For immediate consideration your portfolio should include the following:
- An online portfolio of consumer facing products, Branding (logo design, creating brand standards, etc.)
- Strong storytelling; evidence of critical thinking and problem-solving, not just deliverables.
- Diverse experience with a variety of products and platforms (ecommerce, responsive web, material design etc.)
At Cartera Commerce, our employees are our most valuable assets – they are Cartera. We want you to succeed and go far here. Our dynamic environment lets you be you, while still collaborating toward team success. We want fun, proactive, high-energy individuals to join us in making people happy. Cartera Commerce offers competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and dental insurance, matching 401(k), company-paid holidays, and five weeks of paid time off per year. At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing. If this kind of high-energy environment appeals to you, drop us a line .
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top