Network Security Analyst
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
As a member of Technical Operations, you will use your skills to maintain, deploy and assess security related tools, develop new processes and help plan new security infrastructure. This position will include day to day operational aspects that include log analysis, vulnerability assessment and interfacing with other departments relating to security. You will use your skills to analyze at a high level, but have the ability to perform deeper inspection using a protocol analyzer if needed. Your experience will contribute to the decision making of long term security vision and security product selection.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Regular analysis of reports and analytic dashboards from security related tools.
- Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to assess and recommend security technologies.
- Research and understand the scope and impact of uncovered vulnerabilities, and work closely with appropriate personnel to prioritize and mitigate such vulnerabilities.
- Advise, recommend, and (if necessary) develop proper security hardening procedures as it pertains to hardware appliances and software applications.
- Ensure the secure deployment and operations processes to be PCI compliant.
- Passionate about security and related fields.
- 4+ years of experience in Linux system administration (E-Commerce, or other fraud heavy industries preferred).
- Previous experience in multi tier web application architectures and a comfortable working knowledge HTTP protocol.
- Comfort discussing networking security as it pertains to traditional firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection systems and web application firewalls
- Comfort in explaining security vulnerabilities to non-security focused co-workers.
- Deployment of threat scanning tools, and comfort in understanding the output. For example: Qualys, AppScan, Nmap, ZAP, etc…
- Competent scripting skills in one of Perl/Bash/Python, and the willingness to learn another as needed.
- Previous experience deploying host based mitigation tools (i.e. anti-malware, layer-7 firewalls, host based intrusion detection, log scanning, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Windows workstation/server administration and hardening.
- Knowledge of PCI standards and e-commerce payment mechanisms.
- Relevant certifications: Security+, Network+, CCNA, OSCP, GIAC, CEH, CISSP
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No 3rd party applicants.
Back to top