Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
As a member of Technology Operations and Infrastructure Architecture, you'll be responsible for operational and engineering support of all routers, switches and firewalls supporting Ebates' global websites. Apart from day to day operations, you'll also assist our Network Architect with the deployment of new hardware and technologies across multiple Ebates datacenters and offices supporting both web services and office networks.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Day-to-day support of all routers, switches and firewalls supporting Ebates global websites.
- Provide proactive monitoring of network health using Solarwinds NPM/NCM products.
- Work with other functional areas to troubleshoot and resolve performance and functional issues.
- Assist our Network Architect with deployment of new hardware and technologies within the Ebates datacenter and office networks.
- Work with system engineers, product managers and developers to assess and implement changes in support of the business.
- Work with carriers and other vendors to isolate and resolve problems.
- Provide occasional off-hours support and/or change activity implementation and available for 24x7 on-call escalations on a rotation basis.
- Some infrequent travel may be required.
Required Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of experience supporting a Cisco-based network.
- Demonstrate excellent communication in English, including verbal communications and written documentation.
- Comfortable working in a demanding environment where network availability is a critical business requirement.
- Fluent knowledge of Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and IOS-XE command line
- Experience working with Nexus switches.
- Demonstrate knowledge of switching technologies to include spanning-tree, port-channels, VLANs, trunking, vPC.
- Knowledge of remote access and site-site VPN technologies.
- Experience working with change management processes and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and experience with firewalls. Fortinet and Cisco preferred.
- Experience with various routing platforms to include ASR1000.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex problems independently.
- Ability to read, interpret and create high and low level network topology diagrams.
- Knowledge and demonstrable skills of CCNA level.
- Solid knowledge of OSPF and other IGP routing protocols.
- Basic knowledge of BGP.
- Ability and desire to learn new networking technologies.
- Ability to lift up to 40#, install network hardware and spend extended times in cooled data center space is required.
- Experience with NMS/configuration management tools preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-tier web environment desirable
- VMware knowledge and experience desired.
- CCNP level routing knowledge highly desired.
- F5 LTM knowledge and experience desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Note: Direct candidates only. No third parties
Back to top