Lead QA Engineer
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $500 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
Product Catalog, Search & Personalization is an exciting project at Ebates. Our mission is to provide an accurate, compelling catalog with millions of products covering our thousands of merchant partners – and build highly relevant search and recommendations engines to take our search and e-commerce offering to the next level.
This platform will use our Big Data infrastructure, open source scalable search platform and cutting edge machine learning/statistical modeling and it will be highly leveraged within the company, becoming the foundation for our next-generation of applications.
Be part of an awesome R&D team where you get inspired by talented people, challenges and mission to change the e-commerce landscape! Plus, you’ll help millions of Ebates members worldwide get the best deals available!
We are looking for hands-on Senior QA Engineer for Product Catalog, Search & Personalization. The position is located in San Mateo with flexibility to work from the San Francisco office.
You will be responsible for leading design, development & execution of QA tasks this project.
This is a great opportunity to join early and influence the technology, processes and own the infrastructure and expand your role to assume more responsibilities as you grow with the company.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to: White-box, Functional, Automated regression and Performance testing.
• Create and execute test plans and test cases.
• Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record, and report issues.
• Deploy/Install backend applications on Linux servers.
• Develop, implement, and execute manual tests of backend Java applications.
• Creating automated tests.
• 5+ years’ experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
• Knowledge and experience with at least one programming or scripting language (Java preferred)
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with database Mysql or Postgres.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.
• Ability to work in team, multi-task and flexible with working hours.
• Plus for experience with Big Data (Cassandra/Hadoop) and machine learning based technologies
• Education in Engineering / Computer Science
• Familiar with Unix/Linux commands.
• Experience in testing automation tools like Selenium, (preferred) SOAPUI, JUnit, TestNG, , JMeter etc.
• Experience with the Agile development process
Note: Direct candidates only. No third parties
Back to top