Lead DevOps Engineer
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2017, members spent over $10 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2017, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply now!
We are looking to hire a talented Lead DevOps Engineer to be based in our San Mateo, CA office. In this role, you'll provide technical leadership to a team of DevOps Engineers . This is a critical engineering role in the Technology Operations organization where your primary job function is to collaborate with Software Engineering teams to improve DevOps build and deploy pipeline, automate deployments and full stack logging and monitoring. Our web-stack runs in hybrid cloud across both on-premises and AWS. You should have a solid understanding of AWS services, security practices and system architectures for availability, redundancy and performance is a must.
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers to build and run websites in AWS using Infrastructure as code principle Must be passionate about automation, challenge the status quo and develop innovative solutions to solve business problems Drive the organization to keep technology stack, methodologies and practices current with market trends Develop standards to orchestrate environment build and tear down using Kubernetes, Terraform and/or Cloud Formation Build & Deploy CI pipeline automation to a combination of Kubernetes/Docker and VM based systems Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their environment setup and service automation needs System monitoring & analytics
- 7+ years of experience in Webstack administration for an E-Commerce company
- 5+ years of DevOps or SRE experience in Nginx/Apache and Tomcat/PHP technologies
- 3+ years of solid experience working in DevOps role with some lead or mentorship responsibilities
- Sound principles of AWS Cloud Architecture, building large scale, highly available and performant systems
- Prior production experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- System build configuration automation using one of Chef or Ansible
- Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Python
- Build and release automation tools: Jenkins, GIT, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning
- AWS Architecture and/or DevOps Certifications a plus
- Knowledge of payment systems and PCI standards is a plus
- Available for 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates or Rakuten and any subsidiaries of Rakuten are considered property of Rakuten and any subsidiaries of Rakuten and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
Director Of Product Management
Serge manages Ebates' product cycle, working with his team to create innovative technology for the Ebates platform—and providing Ebates' members with exceptional shopping experiences.
Back to top