Lead Backend Engineer - ShopStyle
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com.
We are in search of a Lead Backend Engineer. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Backend Engineering. We are looking for an experienced Lead Java Backend Engineer to join a growing team of talented and motivated frontend and backend engineers. Working side by side with the product team, the engineering team develops and maintains a global monetization and media platform for fashion and lifestyle influencers. All our backend is hosted at Amazon and leverage Amazon Web Services whenever possible. We program mostly in Java alongside Scala and various scripting languages. Our primary Catalog database is MongoDB, and our search engine is powered by Lucene and Elasticsearch. We use Spark for catalog enrichment through machine learning. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development efforts for our catalog infrastructure, from requirements definition to delivery
- Lead the development of new catalog enrichment pipelines
- Overhaul our existing infrastructure as we move to a microservices architecture
- Mentor more junior members of the development team
- Assist project/program/product managers in roadmapping major development efforts
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- 5+ years of Java SE programming experience
- Competency to architect, design and implement backend web services
- Excellent data modeling knowledge and experience with both RDBMS and document-oriented databases
- Project management experience and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a team lead, manager and/or mentor
- Past catalog engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of AWS
- Scala/Spark expertise
- Working knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with MongoDB
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms and techniques
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top