Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
You will be collaborating with a small team of skilled software engineers and product managers to work on new strategic projects. Together with an agile team develop and translate business goals into high quality, reliable, and scalable technology. We enjoy using the tools of the open source community and scalable services of Amazon Web Services.
This position is located in the Ebates San Diego, CA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
• Design and write code
• Work closely with cross functional and remote teams to deliver a complete user experience
• Work closely system administrators to take ownership of your product’s operations and metrics
• Collaborate and work with team members in office. There’s flexibility in time schedules and telecommuting opportunities. No one likes being stuck in traffic.
• Develop a highly available and performant processing engine
om the beach and three blocks from the bay.
• 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering working in an agile environment
• Mid-level to Senior 2+ years of experience with Node.js
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of web technologies and browsers
• Toolbar experience is a plus
• AWS and linux server administration is a plus
• Small team with very few to no meetings. On some days it’s just the morning scrum.
• MacBook Pro
• Adjustable standing desk
• Competitive compensation based on experience; Employee Stock Option program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top